Read more: guinea fowl,how to cook,venison,wild bird stew,red wine sauce,fried bream,grilled bream,okavango bream,okavango,botswana,botswana cooking,african cooking,african food,african cuisine,african dishes,pork ribs,how to cook pork,how to cook ribs,how to cook pork ribs,how to cook guinea fowl,how to cook perfect,perfect,tender,spatchcock,spatched,braaied,braai,barbeque,barbecu,barbecued,barbequed,prawns,peri peri prawns,peri peri chicken,mozambique food,mozambique cuisine,air gun hunting,air rifle hunting,gutting Eisbein...Dads eisbein version with ginger | African Style Cuisine

Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Eisbein...Dads eisbein version with ginger

Here we go. Another cut of meat that is misunderstood, maligned and ignored. No wonder the Germans, Italians and Greek laugh at our pathetic English cookery! We cook all the boring tasting stuff and ignore the best tasting food.
TRY IT!! Just darn well give it a go and you will be amazed.
This is what it looks like............You can also get it smoked and you can treat it in the same way.
Ingredients

1 large Eisbein per 3 servings. This recipe is for 2 eisbeins to serve 6
2 Red onions or white if you cant get.
Half cup sweet rose or white wine.
2 Tblspn grated fresh ginger
2 Tblspn chopped garlic
2 large carrots chopped into chunks.
A dash of balsamic vinegar.
Black pepper. (Plenty if possible but accordinng to your taste)
DO NOT ADD SALT. The curing process uses salt. In fact it is good to soak the eisbein overnight in fresh water before cooking. You can always add salt later.

Method

Stand the eisbeins on end in a heavy pot and brown the meaty bit in a little olive oil. When its nearly browned add the garlic and ginger..
Chuck everything else into the same pot and add water to cover. Simmer for 3 to 4 hours being very careful not to burn the sauce and gelatine as it thickens into a sauce. (The secret is to keep lowering the heat until you get the gravy right). You cant leave this cooking on a stove by itself fror the last hour....you need to BE THERE and watch it like a hawk!! Its worth it I promise.
You should end up with meat falling off the bone.
Serve onto Rice (I prefer Basmati) or serve with baby potatoes cooked in the same pot for the last hour.
Here it is bubbling away......

17 comments:

  1. Quality content is the important to be a focus
    for the people to pay a quick visit the web site, that's what this web site is providing.

    Also visit my web page diet plans that work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us so I came to give
    it a look. I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers!

    Fantastic blog and great style and design.

    Check out my web site; muscle enhancers

    ReplyDelete
  3. My partner and I stumbled over here coming from a different web page and thought I should check things out.

    I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to looking into your web page repeatedly.

    Also visit my web-site :: Rejuvenex

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering if you ever thought of changing the structure of your website?
    Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe
    you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect
    with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or 2
    images. Maybe you could space it out better?

    Feel free to visit my blog post Order Grow XL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it's rare to see a
    great blog like this one these days.

    Here is my web blog :: Le Parfait Skin Care

    ReplyDelete
  6. Asking questions are in fact nice thing if you are
    not understanding something fully, however this article presents good understanding yet.



    Also visit my site :: Pure Garcinia Cambogia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there are using Wordpress for your blog platform?

    I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get
    started and set up my own. Do you need any
    html coding expertise to make your own blog? Any help would
    be really appreciated!

    Also visit my weblog Le derme luxe reviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ridiculous quest there. What happened after? Take care!


    Also visit my blog work from home

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, i think that i noticed you visited my weblog thus i came to return the choose?
    .I'm trying to find things to improve my website!I guess its adequate to make use of a few of your concepts!!


    http://molosy.pl/Forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=21603

    Feel free to visit my page; Buy Pure GCE

    ReplyDelete
  10. My family members all the time say that I am killing my time here at net, except I know
    I am getting familiarity every day by reading such pleasant articles or reviews.


    http://www.maryke.co.za/easyblog/entry/matric-dance-dresses-pietermaritzburg-kzn-march-2012.
    html

    My blog :: build muscle now

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello would you mind letting me know which web host you're working with? I've loaded
    your blog in 3 different browsers and I must
    say this blog loads a lot quicker then most.

    Can you suggest a good hosting provider at a fair price?

    Thank you, I appreciate it!

    Feel free to surf to my web-site ... TruVisage Anti Aging

    ReplyDelete
  12. Does your site have a contact page? I'm having trouble locating it but, I'd like to send you an e-mail.
    I've got some ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great blog and I look forward to seeing it develop over time.

    My homepage :: making money online from home

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know whether it's just me or if perhaps
    everyone else experiencing problems with your site.
    It seems like some of the written text on your content are running off the screen.
    Can someone else please provide feedback and
    let me know if this is happening to them as well? This may be a problem with my browser because I've had this happen before. Many thanks



    http://www.beautyo50.com/department-store-natural-skincare/

    Also visit my site anit-aging

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey there just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of
    the images aren't loading correctly. I'm not sure why but I think its a linking issue.

    I've tried it in two different browsers and both show the same results.

    Also visit my page: Pur Essence Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent bеat !I wish to apprentice while you
    amend your website, hhow could i subscrіbе for a blog site?

    Thee account аided me a apporopriate deal.
    I have bеen tiny bit familiar of this your broqdcast proѵideԁ bright clear concept

    Alsο visit my web blog :: how to shoot hdr photos

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ңmm it seems likе yoսr bloǥ ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I'll
    just ѕum it up what I wrote ɑnd say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I too am an aspіriոg blog blogger but I'm still new to everythinց.
    Do you have any recommendations foг rookie blog writers? I'd reаlly appreciate it.


    my web blog - facebook proxy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love your site.. Great colors & theme. Did you make this
    website yourself? Please reply back as I'm attempting to create my
    very own website and want to learn where you got
    this from or what thee theme is called. Cheers!


    Check out my homepage ... how to check your credit score for free yahoo

    ReplyDelete