Read more: guinea fowl,how to cook,venison,wild bird stew,red wine sauce,fried bream,grilled bream,okavango bream,okavango,botswana,botswana cooking,african cooking,african food,african cuisine,african dishes,pork ribs,how to cook pork,how to cook ribs,how to cook pork ribs,how to cook guinea fowl,how to cook perfect,perfect,tender,spatchcock,spatched,braaied,braai,barbeque,barbecu,barbecued,barbequed,prawns,peri peri prawns,peri peri chicken,mozambique food,mozambique cuisine,air gun hunting,air rifle hunting,gutting English Breakfast part 2. Fried tomatoes | African Style Cuisine

Tuesday, 17 January 2012

English Breakfast part 2. Fried tomatoes

This is very simple..

Cut the two ends off the tomatoe. Then cut the tomato in half as in the illustration. That is one Serving.

Ingredients
2 Knobs of butter
2 tbspn olive oil
1 tblspn Fresh basil finely chopped
Pinch of brown sugar for each tomato half.
Melt the oil and butter together until butter starts to brown. Add the tomatoes large face down in the pan and cook as quickly as possible on high heat until just brown. Turn over and sprinkle finely chopped basil and the pinch of sugar.Wait until the bottom has browned and the brown sugar should have just about dissolved. A teas spoon of golden treacle works better but not everyone has it in the cupboard. Brown that side quickly and serve. The tomato should be browned but still firm. Its easier to say than do! The secret is a hot pan.

14 comments:

  1. This site was... how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something that helped me.
    Thanks!

    Feel free to surf to my web-site; raspberry ketone diet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spot on with this write-up, I really believe this amazing site needs
    much more attention. I'll probably be returning to read through more, thanks for the information!

    Here is my page: airplane game

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am truly grateful to the owner of this website who
    has shared this impressive article at at this time.


    Visit my site :: Diets that Work

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own weblog and was curious what all is required to get set up? I'm assuming having a blog like yours would
    cost a pretty penny? I'm not very web savvy so I'm not 100% sure.
    Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

    my web-site - diet plans that work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ridiculous story there. What occurred after?
    Good luck!

    My blog post ... Basal Metabolic Rate Calculator

    ReplyDelete
  6. I take pleasure in, cause I discovered exactly what I
    was taking a look for. You have ended my four day lengthy hunt!

    God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

    Feel free to surf to my page ... bmr calculator to lose weight

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a topic that's close to my heart... Thank you! Exactly where are your contact details though?

    My blog post - click here

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's up friends, how is everything, and what you wish for to say regarding this post, in my view its genuinely remarkable for me.

    Also visit my blog post; click here

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a information of un-ambiguity and preserveness of precious familiarity about unexpected emotions.


    Also visit my website ... Muscle Xtreme

    ReplyDelete
  10. My developer is trying tο convince me to move to .net from PHP.
    I have alwaуs disliked the idea because of the сosts.
    But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using Moνable-type on several websites for about a
    yeаr and am worried about switching to another platfoгm.
    ӏ have heard excellеnt things about blοgenginе.
    net. Is theгe a way I can import all my wordρress
    posts intο it? Anу helр would be greatly apprесiateԁ!


    Here is my web-site ... lose belly fat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Doеs уour site have а сontact page?
    I'm having a tough time locating it but, I'd like tо
    shoot yоu an е-mail. I've got some ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great site and I look forward to seeing it develop over time.

    Feel free to visit my webpage - Plumber Solihull

    ReplyDelete
  12. This article arrived in a well-timed passion! I can't believe it. I'd been searching on line for Email Templates.
    You did a very good job and yes i totally agree that a template
    could make or break your company. Well Done!



    Also visit my web site mouse click the up coming webpage

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heya i am for the primary time here. I found this board and I in
    finding It really helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to present something back and aid others such as
    you helped me.

    Feel free to visit my web blog - email marketing india ()

    ReplyDelete
  14. Неllo wоuld уou minԁ letting me knoω
    which web host you're utilizing? I've lοaded
    youг blog in 3 completelу diffeгent іntеrnet browserѕ and I must sаy this blog loаds a lot faѕter then most.
    Сan you suggest a good web hosting provіder at
    a honest pricе? Μany thаnks, I appreciаte it!


    My blog post - Make Boobs Bigger

    ReplyDelete